Morcheeba - Blackest Blue (Blue Vinyl, Limited Edition, Indie Exclusive)
Limited Edition Blue Vinyl. Pioneers of the British music scene, 'Blackest Blue' will be the band's 10th studio album in a discography that spans three decades. 2020 saw Morcheeba unable to tour or perform live, which gave Skye Edwards & Ross Godfrey "time to write songs and really get to hone them," as Godfrey puts it. "There weren't so many pressures so we could really take our time getting the songs right," adds Edwards.
The result of this time is a refined 10 track album that fuses previous incarnations and sound of the band - such as downbeat, chill, electro-pop & soul - into one cohesive record that dives deep into the soul of the band's genre-mashing musical heritage. As usual, the band didn't approach the album with any pre-conceptions, and instead created an organic journey that represents everything great about Morcheeba. Edwards' lyrics are primarily focused on positivity and overcoming personal adversity that lies within. 'Sounds Of Blue', is a stunning cut that puts Skye Edward's sultry vocals to the forefront, floating high above an ethereal backdrop. The album includes features with Duke Garwood (known for his work with Mark Lanegan, amongst others) and Brad Barr (The Slip, The Barr Brothers). " Morcheeba's global reach is impressive, taking them to every corner of the world. Their signature chilled electronic/organic sound has been border-hopping ever since the London-based band emerged as a household name. The past year has been one of introspection for the duo, as they take stock of their renewed global fan base and look forward to being able to play the new album live in the not too distant future. "This was the first time since I was a teenager that I'd spent a year off the road and I enjoyed the tranquility, although I missed playing my guitar in far off lands," says Godfrey.
Title: Blackest Blue
Format: LP Vinyl
Release Date: 6/25/2021
Label: Fly Agaric Records
1 Cut My Heart Out
2 Killed Our Love
3 Sounds of Blue
4 Say It's Over
5 Sulphur Soul
6 Oh Oh Yeah
8 The Moon
9 Falling Skies
10 The Edge of the World
We're so fortunate to have wonderful vinyl community customers who continue to leave us wonderful reviews about the Rock This Town Records online shop.
Fast Shipping, Good packaging !! Disc clean also ++++All Time Low - Nothing Personal (January 2022)
Great item! Fast ship! Thanks! Fantastic!The Living - 1982 (January 2022)
A very very pleasant experience!!!The Dark Knight Soundtrack (December 2021)
A pleasure to do business with!!Sex Pistols - No Future UK (December 2021)
Fast shipping! Amazing purchase! A+++Justin Timberlake - Justified (December 2021)
- Wow fast and clean- great little shop you got! Thank you!
Inglourious Basterds Original Soundtrack (November 2021)
The Raconteurs – Consolers Of The Lonely (October 2021)
- Album arrived quicker than expected, and was exactly as described. No issues whatsoever.
Green Day - Insomniac (October 2021
- Delivered swiftly and in excellent condition.
Type O Negative - Slow Deep And Hard (September 2021)
Great Deal...Unbelievable speed on deliveryBlondie - Vivir En La Habana (August 2021)
Record came beautifully and safely packaged, quick shopping, great price. Couldn't ask for more. I'll def buy from again.Dazed And Confused Soundtrack (August 2021)
Appreciate the packaging and care put into protecting the album. There was stickers on the package to avoid heat and rough handling. Album came in perfect shape. Best price I could find too. Thanks rockthistownrecords!!Dr. Dre - 2001 (August, 2021)
Record arrived sealed and as described. Fast shipping. Packaged nicely. Thank you!Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood (July, 2021)
Shipped quickly, packaged well, included a sticker. Exactly as described. I won’t hesitate to buy from again. Thank you!
Art Blakey - Moanin' (June, 2021)
Arrived quickly, well-packaged, and an exactly the shape described! Couldn’t be happier!
Dodie - Build A Problem (June, 2021)
Loved the album! Carefully packaged and ultra fast shipping, thank you so much!
Iron Maiden - Killers (June, 2021)
Super fast shipping! Album looks perfect! I haven’t played it yet but I am anxious too! Such great care taken in packaging too... thank you!!!
Skid Row - Skid Row (June, 2021)
Shipped immediately! 100% satisfied! Awesome Transaction!!! Thank You
AC/DC - The Razors Edge (June, 2021)
Faster than light delivery and beautiful packaging 5 stars all the way!!! Impressive!!
Paul & Linda McCartney - Ram (June, 2021)
in my 4 years of buying vinyl, i have never had this good of an experience. thank you!!
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days (June, 2021)
Support this store!! Excellent service, communication and the shipping is fast!! Everything arrived perfect! Could not recommend them more!!
Metallica - St. Anger (May, 2021)
Amazingly fast from Arizona! Definitely 10/10! Would buy again!
Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (May, 2021)
Great business amazing customer service and amazing deals. Will definitely do business again. Products as described. Thanks again!!!
Machine Gun Kelly - Tickets To My Downfall (May, 2021)
How We Ship Vinyl
As vinyl collectors ourselves, we're very concerned with the way that our favorite online record stores ship vinyl. Our goal is to always be as good as the very best, so we've invested a lot into the process.
All vinyl records we sell are brand new and factory-sealed.
What We Do
- We inspect every record when it arrives checking for any damage like bent corners, seam splits, and creases. Those records are flagged, set aside, and are only offered as damaged in our shop.
- We ship all vinyl with the WHIPLASH V03 mailer considered by many the best vinyl record mailers in the world.
- We include a 4" x 4" super-high quality Rock This Town Records sticker. Currently we rotate between two amazing sticker designs. One is our primary logo, and the other is a mondo-cool jukebox-inspired sticker with our logo in it. Rumor has it that we also have a secret Arizona flag-inspired sticker that we'll be offering around the holidays.
What We Don't Do
- Unfortunately at the moment, we do not ship internationally. We hope to offer international shipping in 2022.
- We do not recommend package-forwarding companies. If you are outside the United States and decide to order from us using a package-forwarding company, we only guarantee delivery to the shipping address you've provided. Once delivered to that address by the USPS or UPS, WE ARE NO LONGER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PACKAGE and you assume all risk for the remainder of the delivery. WE DO NOT OFFER RETURNS OR REFUNDS for items that package-forwarding companies fail to deliver to you.