Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Live Rust (Gatefold, 2xLP Black Vinyl)
In the fall of 1978, Neil Young and Crazy Horse undertook a tour that mixed in songs off of what became RUST NEVER SLEEPS with a variety of older material. The stage set included oversize amps and a road crew cloaked not unlike Star Wars' Jawas, making this tour's distinctions as visual as they were aural. The film and recording of this tour were released as LIVE RUST.
The show starts out with Neil Young solo, using acoustic guitar, harmonica and piano to perform the country-folk "Sugar Mountain," "I Am A Child," "After The Gold Rush" and "Comes A Time," the title track of the record released shortly before the tour started. Unlike his peers, Young embraced the punk scene by writing "My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)," his tribute to Sex Pistol Johnny Rotten, which wrapped up the acoustic section of the show.
Other new material debuted on this tour included "Sedan Delivery," "Powderfinger" and "Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)." These tunes benefited from the might of Crazy Horse, whose punch provided particularly potent on "Cinnamon Girl," "Like A Hurricane" and the sobering "Tonight's The Night."
Remastered for vinyl from the original master tapes by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering,
Title: Live Rust
Artist: Neil Young, Crazy Horse
Number of Discs: 2
Release Date: 8/18/2017
Label: Reprise / WEA
- Disc 1 -
1 Sugar Mountain (Live)
2 I Am a Child (Live)
3 Comes a Time (Live)
4 After the Gold Rush (Live)
5 My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue) [Live]
- Disc 2 -
1 When You Dance I Can Really Love (Live)
2 The Loner (Live)
3 The Needle and the Damage Done (Live)
4 Lotta Love (Live)
5 Sedan Delivery (Live)
- Disc 3 -
1 Powderfinger (Live)
2 Cortez the Killer (Live)
3 Cinammon Girl (Live)
- Disc 4 -
1 Like a Hurricane (Live)
2 Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) [Live]
3 Tonight's the Night (Live)
We're so fortunate to have wonderful vinyl community customers who continue to leave us wonderful reviews about the Rock This Town Records online shop.
Fast Shipping, Good packaging !! Disc clean also ++++All Time Low - Nothing Personal (January 2022)
Great item! Fast ship! Thanks! Fantastic!The Living - 1982 (January 2022)
A very very pleasant experience!!!The Dark Knight Soundtrack (December 2021)
A pleasure to do business with!!Sex Pistols - No Future UK (December 2021)
Fast shipping! Amazing purchase! A+++Justin Timberlake - Justified (December 2021)
- Wow fast and clean- great little shop you got! Thank you!
Inglourious Basterds Original Soundtrack (November 2021)
The Raconteurs – Consolers Of The Lonely (October 2021)
- Album arrived quicker than expected, and was exactly as described. No issues whatsoever.
Green Day - Insomniac (October 2021
- Delivered swiftly and in excellent condition.
Type O Negative - Slow Deep And Hard (September 2021)
Great Deal...Unbelievable speed on deliveryBlondie - Vivir En La Habana (August 2021)
Record came beautifully and safely packaged, quick shopping, great price. Couldn't ask for more. I'll def buy from again.Dazed And Confused Soundtrack (August 2021)
Appreciate the packaging and care put into protecting the album. There was stickers on the package to avoid heat and rough handling. Album came in perfect shape. Best price I could find too. Thanks rockthistownrecords!!Dr. Dre - 2001 (August, 2021)
Record arrived sealed and as described. Fast shipping. Packaged nicely. Thank you!Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood (July, 2021)
Shipped quickly, packaged well, included a sticker. Exactly as described. I won’t hesitate to buy from again. Thank you!
Art Blakey - Moanin' (June, 2021)
Arrived quickly, well-packaged, and an exactly the shape described! Couldn’t be happier!
Dodie - Build A Problem (June, 2021)
Loved the album! Carefully packaged and ultra fast shipping, thank you so much!
Iron Maiden - Killers (June, 2021)
Super fast shipping! Album looks perfect! I haven’t played it yet but I am anxious too! Such great care taken in packaging too... thank you!!!
Skid Row - Skid Row (June, 2021)
Shipped immediately! 100% satisfied! Awesome Transaction!!! Thank You
AC/DC - The Razors Edge (June, 2021)
Faster than light delivery and beautiful packaging 5 stars all the way!!! Impressive!!
Paul & Linda McCartney - Ram (June, 2021)
in my 4 years of buying vinyl, i have never had this good of an experience. thank you!!
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days (June, 2021)
Support this store!! Excellent service, communication and the shipping is fast!! Everything arrived perfect! Could not recommend them more!!
Metallica - St. Anger (May, 2021)
Amazingly fast from Arizona! Definitely 10/10! Would buy again!
Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (May, 2021)
Great business amazing customer service and amazing deals. Will definitely do business again. Products as described. Thanks again!!!
Machine Gun Kelly - Tickets To My Downfall (May, 2021)
How We Ship Vinyl
As vinyl collectors ourselves, we're very concerned with the way that our favorite online record stores ship vinyl. Our goal is to always be as good as the very best, so we've invested a lot into the process.
All vinyl records we sell are brand new and factory-sealed.
What We Do
- We inspect every record when it arrives checking for any damage like bent corners, seam splits, and creases. Those records are flagged, set aside, and are only offered as damaged in our shop.
- We ship all vinyl with the WHIPLASH V03 mailer considered by many the best vinyl record mailers in the world.
- We include a 4" x 4" super-high quality Rock This Town Records sticker. Currently we rotate between two amazing sticker designs. One is our primary logo, and the other is a mondo-cool jukebox-inspired sticker with our logo in it. Rumor has it that we also have a secret Arizona flag-inspired sticker that we'll be offering around the holidays.
What We Don't Do
- Unfortunately at the moment, we do not ship internationally. We hope to offer international shipping in 2022.
- We do not recommend package-forwarding companies. If you are outside the United States and decide to order from us using a package-forwarding company, we only guarantee delivery to the shipping address you've provided. Once delivered to that address by the USPS or UPS, WE ARE NO LONGER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PACKAGE and you assume all risk for the remainder of the delivery. WE DO NOT OFFER RETURNS OR REFUNDS for items that package-forwarding companies fail to deliver to you.