Muse - ORIGIN OF SYMMETRY (XX Anniversary RemiXX 2xLP Vinyl)
Muse are ready to salute the 20th anniversary of their Origin of Symmetry album in a big way, revisiting the material and providing fans with a special remix record to mark the occasion.
Dubbed Origin of Symmetry: XX Anniversary RemiXX, the set is not the traditional remix set inviting a bunch of mixers to radically rework the tracks. Rather, the band worked closely with producer Rich Costey, revisiting the material and finding a more open, dynamic and less crushed sound overall. As a result, fans will hear a fuller instrumentation as certain tracks that previous got buried or muted in the mix now can be more prominently featured.
One instance of this is the recorded strings the band cut at Abbey Road on the song "Citizen Erased." The new remixed version is the initial instant grat track that fans can hear on streaming services. Other instances include strings on "Megalomania" and "Space Dementia" and a harpsichord featured on "Micro Cuts."
Frontman Matt Bellamy says, "In revisiting the album, what we found was the original mixes on the singles, like ‘Plug In Baby' and ‘Bliss,' were pretty good so they were the hardest ones to improve. It was the deeper album tracks like ‘Micro Cuts' where we were able to make massive breakthroughs."
Fans can also look for the addition of "Futurism" to the set. The track was initially a bonus cut on the Japanese edition of the album and was tagged on to the record on streaming services. Plus, there's brand new modernized artwork for the Origin of Symmetry: XX Anniversary RemiXX created by Sujin Kim. The piece creates a hyper-realistic 3D rendering of the original William Eager cover shot.
The original Origin of Symmetry album really took Muse to the next level in their native U.K., topping out at No. 3 on the U.K. album chart. Their U.S. breakout would come one album later on Absolution, though cuts from Origin of Symmetry started generating some buzz on the group. "Plug in Baby" and "New Born" were the big hits and "Bliss" enjoyed some attention, while the band also turned a few heads with their cover of "Feeling Good."
180-gram double LP
Remastered and remixed audio plus reimagined front cover artwork
Muse celebrates 20th Anniversary of Origin of Symmetry with remix reissue!Title: ORIGIN OF SYMMETRY
Format: Vinyl LP
Number of Discs: 2
Release Date: 7/9/2021
Label: Warner Records
1. New Born (XX Anniversary Remixx)
2. Bliss (XX Anniversary Remixx)
3. Space Dementia (XX Anniversary Remixx)
4. Hyper Music (XX Anniversary Remixx)
5. Plug In Baby (XX Anniversary Remixx)
6. Citizen Erased (XX Anniversary Remixx)
7. Micro Cuts (XX Anniversary Remixx)
8. Screenager (XX Anniversary Remixx)
9. Darkshines (XX Anniversary Remixx)
10. Feeling Good (XX Anniversary Remixx)
11. Futurism (XX Anniversary Remixx)
12. Megalomania (XX Anniversary Remixx)
We're so fortunate to have wonderful vinyl community customers who continue to leave us wonderful reviews about the Rock This Town Records online shop.
Appreciate the packaging and care put into protecting the album. There was stickers on the package to avoid heat and rough handling. Album came in perfect shape. Best price I could find too. Thanks rockthistownrecords!!Dr. Dre - 2001 (December, 2022)
Record arrived sealed and as described. Fast shipping. Packaged nicely. Thank you!Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood (December, 2022)
Shipped quickly, packaged well, included a sticker. Exactly as described. I won’t hesitate to buy from again. Thank you!
Art Blakey - Moanin' (December, 2022)
Faster than light delivery and beautiful packaging 5 stars all the way!!! Impressive!!
Paul & Linda McCartney - Ram (November, 2022)
in my 4 years of buying vinyl, i have never had this good of an experience. thank you!!
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days (October, 2022)
Support this store!! Excellent service, communication and the shipping is fast!! Everything arrived perfect! Could not recommend them more!!
Metallica - St. Anger (September, 2022)
Amazingly fast from Arizona! Definitely 10/10! Would buy again!
Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (September, 2022)
Great business amazing customer service and amazing deals. Will definitely do business again. Products as described. Thanks again!!!
Machine Gun Kelly - Tickets To My Downfall (August, 2022)
Second order I've placed from rockthistown. Both orders have been exceptional - I really appreciate the good packaging for shipping. Great turnaround time too. I'll be back.Corinne Bailey Rae - Corinne Bailey Rae (July 2022)
Great price, Fast shipping! Would buy from again! Fast communication! 5 Stars!Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II (June 2022)
Item arrived super speedy! Well packaged 😀Would use again A+Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever (April 2022)
Exactly as described and shipped out quick. Thank you!The Dark Knight Soundtrack (March 2022)
Super quick shipping!!!Halford - Resurrection (March 2022)
AAAAA +++++!!!!!Tears for Fears - The Tipping Point (February 2022)
Great item! Fast ship! Thanks! Fantastic!
The Living - 1982 (January 2022)
Fast shipping! Amazing purchase!
Justin Timberlake - Justified (December 2021)
- Wow fast and clean- great little shop you got! Thank you!
Inglourious Basterds Original Soundtrack (November 2021)
- Album arrived quicker than expected, and was exactly as described. No issues whatsoever.
Green Day - Insomniac (October 2021
- Delivered swiftly and in excellent condition.
Type O Negative - Slow Deep And Hard (September 2021)
Great Deal...Unbelievable speed on deliveryBlondie - Vivir En La Habana (August 2021)
Record came beautifully and safely packaged, quick shopping, great price. Couldn't ask for more. I'll def buy from again.Dazed And Confused Soundtrack (August 2021)
How We Ship Vinyl
As vinyl collectors ourselves, we're very concerned with the way that our favorite online record stores ship vinyl. Our goal is to always be as good as the very best, so we've invested a lot into the process.
All vinyl records we sell are brand new and factory-sealed.
What We Do
- We inspect every record when it arrives checking for any damage like bent corners, seam splits, and creases. Those records are flagged, set aside, and are only offered as damaged in our shop.
- We ship all vinyl with the WHIPLASH V03 mailer considered by many the best vinyl record mailers in the world.
What We Don't Do
- Unfortunately at the moment, we do not ship internationally. We hope to offer international shipping in 2022.
- We do not recommend package-forwarding companies. If you are outside the United States and decide to order from us using a package-forwarding company, we only guarantee delivery to the shipping address you've provided. Once delivered to that address by the USPS or UPS, WE ARE NO LONGER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PACKAGE and you assume all risk for the remainder of the delivery. WE DO NOT OFFER RETURNS OR REFUNDS for items that package-forwarding companies fail to deliver to you.