Peter Frampton - Wind Of Change (Reissue, 180 Gram Vinyl)
- Artist Approved Frampton@50 Series
- 180g Vinyl LP
- 100% Analog Mastered from 1/2" Safety Copy of UK Production Master
- Mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Ultra-Quiet 180-Gram Vinyl Pressed at Gotta Groove Records
- Beautifully Restored "Old Style" Single Jacket Printed by Stoughton
At just 21 years old Peter Frampton had already played with The Herd and co-formed and left Humble Pie. So he struck out on his own with the appropriately named, Wind of Change. Freed from Humble Pie's narrower focus on hard-rock boogie, Frampton's debut solo album reveals an artist exploring more dimensional, delicate and nuanced songwriting and guitar playing … Frampton showed his own brand of rocking hard with tunes like "It's a Plain Shame," "All I Wanna Be (is by your side)" and even made a Stones song his own with "Jumping Jack Flash," which became a staple of Frampton's live shows. But these tunes and even the hook-laden "The Lodger" are balanced with intricate, beautiful tunes like the elegiac "Fig Tree Bay" and the title track "Wind of Change."
An auspicious and stirring debut, Wind of Change launched Frampton's solo career and began the inexorable path to superstardom.
The Frampton@50 premium vinyl reissues sound sensational and are 100% Analog Mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering from the best-sounding analog tape sources available. The flat, heroically quiet 180g vinyl is pressed at boutique press Gotta Groove Records in Cleveland, Ohio.
Intervention worked for months with Universal's archive team, scouring the vaults in the US and UK for the best-sounding tapes. Several sets of tapes, including 1970s-era tape copies, were sent to mastering and evaluated by IR's Shane Buettner and Chris Bellman.
The best-sounding tapes are 1/2" safety copies from the 1990s A&M Safety Program. The Wind of Change and Frampton safeties are sourced from UK Production Masters, while the Frampton's Camel safety is sourced from the Original Stereo Master. These tapes sound sensational, vibrant, detailed and alive. Combined with Chris Bellman's work at the board, and the superbly transparent mastering chain at Bernie Grundman Mastering, legions of fans will hear what Peter and the band really put on tape during this seminal period. Fans will hear bottom-end authority, dynamics and textural details never revealed on any previous edition. These are the definitive versions of these amazing albums that made Peter Frampton one of the greatest artists of his time!
Intervention approached the Frampton@50 album art restoration with the same fanatical attention to detail and authenticity as the audio. The jackets for all three Frampton@50 Series LPs are Old Style "Tip Ons" by Stoughton Printing, with Wind of Change and Frampton's Camel sporting "brown-in" blanks true to the UK original LP releases. Frampton original LPs came with an inner sleeve with lyrics printed on both sides, which Intervention has expanded to comprise the interior panels of a gorgeous single-LP gatefold. All three LP jackets are printed on heavy stock, and film laminated for enhanced beauty and durability.
Title: Wind Of Change
Artist: Peter Frampton
Release Date: 3/8/2024
Label: Intervention Records
Fig Tree Bay
Wind of Change
Jumping Jack Flash
It's a Plain Shame
Oh For Another Day
All I Want To Be (Is By Your Side)
How We Ship Vinyl
As vinyl collectors ourselves, we're very concerned with the way that our favorite online record stores ship vinyl. Our goal is to always be as good as the very best, so we've invested a lot into the process.
All vinyl records we sell are brand new and factory-sealed.
What We Do
- We inspect every record when it arrives checking for any damage like bent corners, seam splits, and creases. Those records are flagged, set aside, and are only offered as damaged in our shop.
- We ship all vinyl with the WHIPLASH V03 mailer considered by many the best vinyl record mailers in the world.
What We Don't Do
- Unfortunately at the moment, we do not ship internationally. We hope to offer international shipping in 2022.
- We do not recommend package-forwarding companies. If you are outside the United States and decide to order from us using a package-forwarding company, we only guarantee delivery to the shipping address you've provided. Once delivered to that address by the USPS or UPS, WE ARE NO LONGER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PACKAGE and you assume all risk for the remainder of the delivery. WE DO NOT OFFER RETURNS OR REFUNDS for items that package-forwarding companies fail to deliver to you.